Thursday 9 January 2014

My current situation

"So, you want to speak at a peer conference?"

"Yes yes yes I do! Very much so!"

"Have you ever spoken at a peer conference before?"

"No, I haven't. I would like to start soon though."

"Thats very good. All you have to do is submit proposals for upcoming conferences. Easy Peasy."

"But..."

"You have just keep on trying and your proposals will eventually get accepted."

"Urm..."

"It is a learning process, if your proposals get rejected you will learn how to write proposals which will be accepted."

"Yeah.....but......"

"There is nothing to fear. We have all gone through it. You will do it!"

"Thanks, thats very kind of you to say. However...."

"There are a lot of people who can help you with your proposals. Come and ask me whenever you need help."

"Thats great.....only one problem though, I have no (insert profanity if you wish) idea what to talk about!!!!!"

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you just found your first step on this journey. Decide what subject you want to talk about.

    It does not have to be awesome, or mind blowing, or illuminant... Just it is good enough and start working on it.

    Still need a clue? remember last time you had a WTF moment? write about it.

    Just thinking, I am in a similar state too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions Jokin. I have successfully submitted a proposal yesterday as I knew that if I deliberated for longer I would lose the nerve to do it.

      Good Luck with your submission too :)

      Delete

Your comments will appear once they have been moderated