Friday 16 May 2014

What? Really? Are you sure?

That was my response when the organisers for TMF Summit accepted my request to facilitate a session this April (www.uktmf.com).

At the beginning of this year, I had set out a few goals for myself which I wanted to achieve by year end. One of them was to speak at a testing related event. I imagined that I will perhaps speak at one of the local testing meetup. I realistically did not think that I will be speaking at a big event. Thus when the opportunity to facilitate a session at TMF summit came along, I couldn't believe my luck! TMF Summit is run by some of our industry leaders such as Paul Gerrard (@paul_gerrard) who is the Chair of EuroStar this year. This event is attended by some very talented and passionate test leaders and managers. It was a little daunting to be speaking in front of such a crowd but all my fears proved to be misplaced by the end of the day. The attendees in my session made me feel very comfortable and we had some very insightful discussions.

My second biggest achievement (also shock in equal parts) in terms of public speaking came when my proposal to run a workshop at Nordic Testing Days was accepted. I still feel surprised as it all seems a bit surreal. Nordic Testing Days is an amazing yet very much affordable conference packed with interesting & relevant tracks and workshops. If you haven't been to Nordic Testing Days before, I would very much encourage you to make it this time. Ok, you can skip my workshop, but attend some of the other woskshops and tracks. Just look at the line up!

More details can be found here: http://nordictestingdays.eu/. The event runs between 4th - 6th of June 2014.

This goes to prove that the testing community very much encourages first time speakers to come forward. If it were not the support of the testing community, my colleagues and my family, I would not be able to do something of this kind. So, here are my heartfelt thanks to everyone who has helped me along this path. There are just too many names that I can mention here but hey, you know who you are!

See you at Nordic Testing Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will appear once they have been moderated